.38 rounds are small caliber rimless rounds produced by Circle G ammunition, being packaged in fifty cartridge yellow and red boxes. The round is a light and common round used by the pipe gun, or as a conversion for larger caliber guns by attaching a .38 receiver.
- Standard .38 rounds
Known by default
.38 round (18)
- Ultracite .38 rounds
Learned from plan/recipe
Plan: Prime automatic pipe gun receiver OR
Plan: Prime pipe gun receiver OR
Plan: Prime pipe bolt-action receiver OR
Plan: Prime pipe revolver receiver
Ultracite .38 round (72)
Weapons using this ammunition
Weapons that are default chambered .38 rounds:
Modding the following weapons with the .38 receiver will allow one to use .38 rounds rather than the weapon's original chambered ammunition:
- Crafted at a tinker's workbench.
- Purchased at an Ammo Converter at rate of 18 rounds of standard .38 for 100 AmmoPoints.
- Sometimes dropped by feral ghouls.
- Several can be found at the unmarked lookout north of Pleasant Valley cabins (location marked by Rose's Trappers quest).
- Sold by ammunition vending machines.
- Some vendors may sell this ammunition.
- With the Ammosmith perk or Ammo Factory legendary perk, the crafted amount of rounds increase incrementally, coinciding with the perk's added percentages, crafting more rounds for the same amount of materials.
- The box art for .38 rounds imply it is a rimmed cartridge but its round model is rimless.