Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It is used with the .32 pistol, the hunting rifle and their unique variants. Generally speaking, the .32 round is second most common small guns ammunition found in the game, behind 10mm rounds. After Picking Up the Trail it becomes less available as enemies start carrying assault rifles in place of hunting rifles.
These rounds are not particularly useful, as the .32 pistol is far weaker than the 10mm pistol the Lone Wanderer is given early in the game. The hunting rifle is eventually superseded by the sniper rifle, but as .308 caliber rounds are not as common and super mutants have a strong tendency to carry hunting rifles, it may be necessary to rely on .32 caliber rounds for long range combat.
Weapons using this ammunition[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- .32 caliber rounds can be found along with 5mm rounds and 5.56mm rounds anywhere super mutants tend to congregate, particularly in Washington, D.C.. The abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker near the Washington Monument is a good spot to farm .32 ammunition, as a number of super mutants spawn here frequently, as is the GNR building plaza.
- James seems to like .32 pistols and has many of them and .32 caliber rounds lying around his outposts.
- Three ammunition boxes in the County sewer mainline, in the storage room near the Sewer Management Access computer.
- Two boxes in the jack-knifed blue/white truck near the Exploding scientist truck.
- Two boxes in the Military checkpoint, just north of Smith Casey's garage.
- Two boxes in the Jury St. tunnels in a passageway between two metro tracks lines in the south.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the Pip-Boy icon displays the rounds as having hollow points, the bullet seen in V.A.T.S. is not displayed as a hollow point.