|For an overview of .308 ammo, see .308 round.|
A box of high-powered .308 rounds. The boxes state that they are 178 grain, centerfire, boat tail hollow points. Prior to the Great War, they were manufactured by Circle G and sold with 20 cartridges in a box.
A version of the .308 round created using depleted ultracite was developed for use by Hank Madigan to combat the Scorched, due to the volatility of depleted ultracite against regular ultracite. These ultracite bullets only work with weapons equipped with the prime and prime automatic receivers.
- Standard .308 rounds
Known by default
.308 round (12)
- Ultracite .308 rounds
Learned from plan/recipe
Plan: Prime automatic pipe gun receiver OR
Plan: Prime hunting rifle receiver OR
Plan: Prime light machine gun receiver OR
Plan: Prime pipe bolt-action receiver OR
Plan: Prime pipe gun receiver OR
Plan: Prime pipe revolver receiver
Ultracite .308 round (96)
Weapons using this ammunition
- Crafted at a tinker's workbench.
- Purchased at an Ammo Converter at rate of 12 rounds of standard .308 for 150 AmmoPoints.
- Sometimes dropped by feral ghouls.
- Dropped by Scorched and super mutants that wield hunting rifles.
- Sold by ammunition vending machines.
- Some vendors may sell .308 rounds.
With the Ammosmith perk or Ammo Factory legendary perk, the crafted amount of rounds increase incrementally, coinciding with the perk's added percentages, crafting more rounds for the same amount of materials.