2229年、ダイアモンドシティにカーターと呼ばれる男が辿り着いたとき、「壊れた仮面事件」と呼ばれる事件が発生した。当初、市民はカーター氏に温かく接したが、ダイアモンドシティ・マーケットの中心部を占めるバーで飲んでいる間、カーター氏が暴走し、いくつかの住民を殺害した。警備員がカーター氏を殺したとき、カーター氏がインスティチュートによって製造された人造人間であることが判明した。 この時から、ダイアモンドシティに住む住民は、自分がひそかに人造人間に置き換えられているのではないかと恐れ始めたが、街のリーダーシップは馬鹿な話だと嘲笑していただけだった。しかしながら、その時から何年もの間、都市から数え切れないほどの人々が姿を消していった 。これは誰もが認めたくない傾向であった。
When Piper reaches idolized status with the Sole Survivor, she explains that when she first moved to Diamond City with Nat, the Great Green Wall was broken, and patched with a solitary bookcase. This drove her to create Publick Occurrences to address the issues of Diamond City.
- Abbot's house
- All Faiths Chapel
- Arturo's house
- Choice Chops / Polly's house
- Colonial Taphouse
- Commonwealth Weaponry
- Cooke residence
- Diamond City market
- Diamond City Radio
- Diamond City Surplus
- Doc Crocker's house
- Doctor Sun's house
- Dugout Inn
- Earl Sterling's house
- Fallon's Basement
- Hawthorne residence
- Home Plate
- Kathy & John's Super Salon
- Latimer residence
- Mega surgery center
- Pembroke residence
- Power Noodles
- Publick Occurrences
- Science! Center
- Security office
- Sheng Kawolski's house
- Valentine Detective Agency
- Ann Codman
- Arturo Rodriguez
- Becky Fallon
- Clarence Codman
- Danny Sullivan
- Darcy Pembroke
- Doc Crocker
- Doctor Duff
- Professor Scara
- Doctor Sun
- Ellie Perkins
- Mister Zwicky
- Miss Edna
- Erin Reische
- Gavin Everitts
- Henry Cooke
- Malcom Latimer
- Mayor McDonough
- Moe Cronin
- Nat Wright
- Nelson Latimer
- Nick Valentine
- Nina Rodriguez
- Pastor Clements
- Paul Pembroke
- Pete Pembroke
- Piper Wright
- Phil Wallace
- Sheng Kawolski
- Travis Miles
- Vadim Bobrov
- Yefim Bobrov
- RobCo Fun - In Nick Valentine's Detective Agency on the furthest back desk.
- Live & Love magazine - In the school, by the beds.
- Big Boy - This unique Fat Man that fires an extra projectile can be purchased from Arturo at the weaponry stand in Diamond City market.
- Old Faithful - A unique laser pistol that can be purchased from Arturo Rodriguez at the weaponry stand in Diamond City market.
- Mini nuke - Inside Arturo's house, turn left and it's sitting on a table across from the bed.
- The holotape Gwinnett ale brewing subroutines can be found in the Colonial Taphouse, on a shelf behind the bar.
- A copy of the Join the Railroad holotape may be found in a bedroom near the kitchen of the Dugout Inn. It will be on a nightstand next to an alarm clock.
- Another copy of the same tape can be found in Abbots House on a shelf when you enter the house.
- Yet another copy can be found on the top floor of Fallon's Basement.
- Several Nuka Cola Quantums scattered throughout the city:
- Two are located around Power Noodles.
- One is found in Polly's house, sitting on an end table.
- One is next to where Sheng Kawolski stands while selling water, on the metal shelves to the right.
- Two are in the hidden room in Kellogg's house on a shelf with many other food items including purified water, three Nuka Cherry, Cram, and more.
- The first time entering Diamond City, Mayor McDonough will give a speech to a small group of residents where he proclaims "I am NOT a Synth" and shortly after praises the wall.
- If the Sole Survivor completes the main quest line with a determined major faction, all the flags in the city will be replaced with the faction's flag and members of that faction will be wandering the city.
- On the in-game day of some holidays such as Christmas and Halloween the market will change its design to that of the corresponding holiday themes. e.g. On the day of Christmas it will replace the lights with fairy lights and putting up Christmas trees, and some guards will occasionally comment about the holidays.
- There are baseball bases around Diamond City that are labeled with tally marks of which base they are. Running over each of them in order will grant the Homerun! trophy/achievement and the guards will occasionally encourage the Sole Survivor to run the bases and hint it will be worthwhile. Also, all the street names relate to the bases with each named after their respective base including Home St.
- There are two bounty boards in the city, one next to Swatters and another inside the Dugout Inn, in front of the door after entering. Both give the same radiant quest asking the Sole Survivor to kill a raider, ghoul or super mutant marked on the map at a randomly selected location upon interacting with the notice. Although it says there is no reward except what is looted from the corpses, in actuality some quest completion XP will be granted after killing the marked enemy. A new bounty will appear on the boards as soon as the current one is complete.
- However, a glitch may prevent the spawning of new bounties. Currently, there is no workaround for this problem.
- If one exits the stadium and immediately goes left around the first corner, there is a small diner on top of the wall, overlooking the junkyard. It contains a bed, a Power armor station, and a mini nuke among other miscellaneous loot items. If one turns right instead and goes a full block to the crumbling corner outside of third base, they can get on top of the wall and find a duffle bag and an explosives box. Finally, if one continues in that direction and gets on the wall behind second base, there are two stimpaks and a dose of Addictol sitting on a crate. These areas are most easily accessible with the jetpack power armor modification.
- Despite ghouls being banned from Diamond City, if Billy Peabody, an intelligent child ghoul, is taken to the city during the quest Kid in a Fridge he will be allowed inside.
- On occasion while waiting in the market an Assaultron may spawn. While not hostile to the player it will engage anyone within the city. If not dealt with massive casualties can occur.
- It may spawn as a glitch after hacking a robot, with the Robotics Expert perk, and not shutting it down or destroying it.
- If the Institute ending is given, an Institute flag will be put up, indicating that the residents of Diamond City consider the Institute to be better than they thought they were. Also, gen 1 synths will walk around the Diamond City Market, if the Sole Survivor communicates with them, they inform them that they're here to spread the presence of The Institute. Diamond City security will comment saying that the synths suddenly appeared but they weren't causing any disruption or trouble, so they let them stay. Some will be crafting weapons/armor while other synths may be browsing different stores in the market.
- Myrna, who seemed to previously have a paranoia to synths, would let them browse her store and will no longer comment on hating synths.
- One of the dialogue possibly spoken by any of the guards mentions them having been "shot in the ass-", which has been affectionately taken in as a running gag by some fans akin to Bethesda's Skyrim's guards dialogue of being shot in the knee.
Behind the scenes
- Atop the press box, five red flags reading "World Series Champions" with the years 1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, and 1918. This implies that following the Divergence, the Red Sox never won the World Series again and the Curse of the Bambino was never broken. In the real world, the Red Sox finally won the World Series after an 86-year drought in 2004. They won again in 2007 and 2013.
- In the Boston Bugle building, there is a newspaper that indicates that on October 23rd, 2077, on the day of the Great War, the Red Sox were winning the World Series, after decades of failure, they would finally win, unfortunately, the bombs fell on that day, and the Red Sox never played or won a World Series ever again.
- Several real Fenway Park landmarks are represented in Diamond City.
- According to the left field bleachers, the team's retired numbers in the Fallout universe were 1, 4, 6, 11, 13, 21, and 33. Of these, 1, 4, and 6 are actual retired numbers.
- The scoreboard which Diamond City residents revere as "The Wall" is a real feature of Fenway Park's design. Its real nickname is "The Green Monster."
- In the real life Fenway Park, there is a large Coca-Cola sign approximately in the same location and style as the Nuka Cola sign in game.
- Likewise, the Mass Fusion billboard mounted on a building behind The Wall mirrors the placement of a large advertisement for the Citgo gasoline company made of neon lights. The real sign was rigged so that it could light up the letters C, IT, and GO in sequence ("See it go") when a home run was hit.
- There is a single red seat in the bleachers, representing where Ted Williams hit the furthest ball in Fenway Park history, 502 feet from home plate.
- pc When using the elevator to the mayor's office with a companion the companion can end up at the first green trash can when you enter Diamond City, behind the street light in front of the elevator and be stuck there. Walking outside of Diamond City to the Fens (manually without fast-travel) will sometimes work to free a companion in this frustrating situation. [verified]
- For PC players, utilizing moveto.player after selecting the companions ID can rectify this issue.
- pc Occasionally, if the player activates the elevator on the way down from the mayor's office, and before the elevator reaches the bottom floor, activates the second button, the guard rail will extend, as if the player were to disembark, and retract upon arrival, as if the player is riding the elevator. [verified]
- Activating the elevator and leaving Diamond City or entering a building before the elevator stops moving may fix this. On PC Using "tcl" to noclip through the exit will make this easier.
- Putting any items in mailboxes, even the one in front of the Soul Survivor's Home Plate residence, will show as owned upon closing the dialog box. Stealing is the only way to access said items. [verified]