The Lucky 38 presidential suite is an unlockable player housing located on the 22nd floor of the Lucky 38 casino. Additions can be bought from a terminal in the suite. Aside from player housing, the suite acts as a club house for your followers. All followers can be told to wait here, giving you a single location in which you can compose your active party. When in the clubhouse, companions will wander around, sit down, drink beverages, eat food, and sometimes interact with each other.
The presidential suite features a master bedroom, a guest room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a recreation room.
The guest room is a fairly large room ideal for followers to stay in. It has two beds, one footlocker, two wardrobes and furniture items inside it. The player may purchase the guest wardrobe 1 and guest wardrobe 2 upgrades for this room. It contains two smaller-sized Nuka Colas on the table in front of the entrance. The bed on the left tends to be boones bed as he can often be seen sleeping there at night, with Cass sleeping next to him. The other bed belongs to Arcade, Veronica tends to sleep in your bed.
The kitchen is a room that contains a long table, two ovens and a refrigerator in which the player can store food. Additionally the player may purchase a workbench, 2 work bench lockers and a second refrigerator.
The bathroom is a large area to the left of the master bedroom that contains a few toilets and bathtubs. No upgrades can be purchased for this room, but hardcore players may find it useful to drink from the faucets and toilets. You will also find a small desk in here, to store and organize even more items.
- Today's Physician on a coffee table in the master bedroom
- Today's Physician on a desk in the first section of the bathroom
- Future Weapons Today on the bookshelf in the recreation room
- Binoculars on the same bookshelf as the Future Weapons Today
- 2x Jake Juice on the table in the recreational room
- The terminal you use to buy upgrades from can be used to sell items too. Items sold to the terminal remain in its inventory, and like any merchant the terminal is periodically restocked with caps.
- Companions can be told to wait at the presidential suite by selecting the dialogue option to dismiss them and then confirming that they should meet you at the Lucky 38.
- Companions sent to wait in the Lucky 38 will take and consume food and drink items in containers and lying out while the player is in the room. It is inadvisable to store valuable food and drink items in these containers with idle companions present. This also leads to some inconvenient bugs related to night vision effects (see bugs). To prevent companions from eating and drinking your items, before dismissal give each a drink, alcohol, and food item.
- Companions may even take rare or very powerful weapons to replace their own whilst wandering around the suite.
- Companions will not take previously stolen items.
- On the pool table in the recreation room there are 5 billiard balls in the shape of an arrow. The numbers on the balls add up to 38 and the arrow points directly to one of several Lucky 38 posters.
- Strangely despite this area being a safe haven and a place of rest for the player and their companions, the background music is creepy and uncomfortable. This is perhaps due to the stigma surrounding the Lucky 38.
- Although all beds in the suite can be slept on, only the bed in the master bedroom is considered "owned", as noted by its designation: "My Bed".
- You can sleep with your companions when they are asleep in a guest bed.
- At certain times your companions will become drunk (similar to the NCR troops seen on the strip), this can be fixed by giving them a Stimpak.(confirmed with Veronica)
Lucky 38 presidential suite appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC The merchant screen accessed through the Upgrade terminal has misaligned mouse triggers. The buttons are actually positioned down and to the right of the actual buttons on the screen, making it difficult to correctly select them. To repair this, click the "power" button of the terminal in the background. This will disable the terminal without closing the merchant screen. Keyboard controls also work.
- Playstation 3 When large numbers of items are stored in the suite's containers adding more things will cause items to vanish from random containers elsewhere in the suite as if you are going over a limit. Tested multiple times.
- Xbox 360 The Workbench Lockers (#1 AND #2) have been found to randomly lose the items stored in them. It is advised not to use them as storage, instead think about maybe storing in the wardrobes if you have any spare or some other container. (confirmed without any patch installed - not confirmed wth the 1.2 patch installed)
- Playstation 3 Dismissed companions who are waiting in the suite will remove Nuka Cola Quartz from the floor or some containers and drink it, applying the effects of this item to the player. The effect wears off after the same amount of time as it would if the player used Nuka Cola Quartz, but wastes the item as well. It is inadvisable to store Nuka Cola quartz in the vending machine, as this is apparently an invitation for NPCs to take it. It is also possible for each NPC waiting in the suite to use the item at the same time, thereby stacking the night vision effect on the player. This can be highly inconvenient with two or more NPCs in the room, as it makes the screen blindingly bright.
- Sometimes, you can lose the option (or never be given the option at all) to tell your companions to wait at the Lucky 38 upon telling them to leave. It appears that if this bug presents itself, you will never be able to ask a companion to wait there for the rest of the game. This can be fixed if you kill Mr. House and upload Yes Man into the system.
- Playstation 3 Constantly switching between ranged and melee of one of your followers while other companions are in the suite may cause two of them to engage in combat. Companions killed because of this remain dead even if not in Hardcore mode, and once combat begins it can't be stopped until one of them is killed. You can stop this from happening if you re-recruit the companion that is losing (only in Hardcore), since they will only go unconscious.
- If you've told one of your companions to leave and stay at the Lucky 38, it is possible that they will get stuck along the way. It is advised to fast-travel to the Strip then tell them to leave.
- PC Sometimes random characters like Powder gangers or Emily Ortal will appear in the suite.
- Xbox 360 Occasionally you lose the ability to talk to victor and cannot leave.(dismiss or chat with a follower, and the option to talk to victor is restored.) If you don't have any companion with you in the suite when this happens, you will never be able to leave the suite. Another possible solution is to simply kill Victor, making the elevator directly accessible. It is confirmed that if you kill victor in the Xbox 360, you still will not be able to leave the room, meaning that you will be stuck in the presidential room forever. If you are extremely lucky, sometimes when you attempt to kill Victor, an explosion may occur in his body and his body will disappear (confirmed in Xbox with the Pulse Gun and Pew Pew). If this happens, the elevator will be accessible again but you might fail the house always wins quest. (the victor exploding glitch only happened with me after downloading the 1.2 patch)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found