|Für eine Übersicht der Plasmagewehre in den verschiedenen Fallout-Spielen, siehe Plasmagewehr.|
“That data we received from Xuan did the trick. We managed to get a stable build model. I don't think this weapon is ready for mass production yet, but it should show that we have a working prototype. We should be able to get these issues resolved in a later build.
– Matter modulator project holotape
Plasma rifles or plasma casters are high-tech weapons which find numerous applications in military and industrial fields. They fire superheated bolts of plasma powered by either microfusion cells or heavy energy cells. The bolt forms in a special chamber, which is then sent down a superconducting barrel, propelled by, and in some models stabilized by electromagnetic claws upon exiting it.
Initially, the weapon was a bulky, industrial plasma caster, manufactured by Winchester Arms; while it performed admirably, it was expensive and required specialized training to use. However, later developments for the US Army would lead to a more compact design that was cheaper to produce and easier to train for, perfectly suited for urban warfare.
Regardless, all types of plasma weapons have a common feature: when a Critical Hit is delivered, they can literally melt down enemies. While most industrial casters aren't powerful enough to dissolve bones too, subsequent models have no problem converting the target into a puddle of goo.
Also known as the Q-35 matter modulator, the V.35 Quantum plasma modulation matter injection rifle was created by REPCONN Aerospace engineers as part of "Project: Quantum Plasma Modulation Matter Injection Rifle," a research program overseen by Colonel Moretti of the US Army, who was looking for a replacement for the aging plasma rifle designs, most importantly the Winchester P94. The prototype was created by a team of engineers under the lead of Senior Staff Engineer Xuan Duong, using design specifications stolen from Poseidon Energy for the canceled plasma rifle project SEMELE, along with data recovered from a sabotaged REPCONN launch.
This data allowed REPCONN to create a functional prototype after thirty-four failures. While prototype materials make it unsuitable for prolonged field use, the Q-35 has a longer refire rate on average - but a more consistent delay between shots, an increase in active bolt charge time, increased accuracy and a 30% increase in bolt energy.
There are numerous differences between this weapon and the Standardvariante in terms of combat capability:
- Uses one Mikrofusionszelle per shot instead of two.
- Rate of fire is twice as fast.
- Degrades slower.
- 50% extra damage per second (DPS).
- Causes 7 less damage per shot but 15 more critical damage.
- Uses 2 Less AP in V.A.T.S.
- Weighs 1 pound less than the standard variant.
As with most unique weapons, this weapon cannot receive modifications. However, its projectile velocity is similar to that of its standard variant with the magnetic accelerator modification. It also has a dark red and black color scheme as opposed to the normal gray; the microfusion cells used as ammunition also follow the color scheme and appear red and black. This causes the cells to appear similar to electron charge packs.
Der Q-35 Materiemodulator can fire a total of about 1,245 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 104 reloads, from full condition before breaking. Despite being considered "unsuitable for prolonged field use," it has the second highest item HP of all the rifle type energy weapons (the laser RCW having the highest), at 250 HP; more than triple the durability of a standard plasma rifle (which has 75 HP).
- Plasmagewehr - The common variant found in the Mojave-Ödland.
- Van Graff Plasmagewehr - A special variant given by the Van Graffs during the quest Birds of a Feather.
|Waffenname (aktuelle Waffe ist hervorgehoben)||- Waffenname (Nahkampf oder Unbewaffnet)||Angriffe in V.A.T.S.||- Angriffe in V.A.T.S.|
|Waffenname (aktuelle Waffe ist hervorgehoben)||- Waffenname (Schuss/Energie/Explosion)||Aktionspunkte-Kosten||- Aktionspunkte-Kosten|
|Schaden pro Angriff/Projektil||- Schaden pro Angriff/Projektil||Schaden pro Aktionspunkt||- Schaden pro Aktionspunkt|
|Schaden pro Sekunde||- Schaden pro Sekunde||Waffenstreuung||- Waffenstreuung|
|Flächenschaden||- Flächenschaden||Magazinkapazität||- Magazinkapazität|
|Effekt Schaden & Dauer||- Effekt Schaden & Dauer||Haltbarkeit (Anzahl der Angriffe bis defekt)||- Haltbarkeit (Anzahl der Angriffe bis defekt)|
|Bonus Effekte||- Bonus Effekte||Gewicht||- Gewicht|
|Angriffe pro Sekunde||- Angriffe pro Sekunde||Wert in Kronkorken||- Wert in Kronkorken|
|Kritische Chance % Multiplikator||- Kritische Chancen % Multiplikator||Wert im Verhältnis zum Gewicht||- Wert im Verhältnis zum Gewicht|
|Kritischer Schaden||- Kritischer Schaden||Benötigte Fertigkeitsstufe||- Benötigte Fertigkeitsstufe|
|Kritischer Effektschaden & Dauer||- Kritischer Effektschaden & Dauer||Benötigte Stärke||- Benötigte Stärke|
|Mit allen ausgerüsteten Mods||- Mit allen ausgerüsteten Mods|
|Waffenname||Schaden pro Angriff/Projektil||Schaden pro Sekunde||Schuss pro Sekunde||Kritische Chance % Multiplikator||Kritischer Schaden||Aktionspunkte-Kosten||Schaden pro Aktionspunkt||Waffenstreuung||Magazinkapazität||Haltbarkeit (Anzahl der Angriffe/Schüsse bis defekt)||Gewicht||Wert in Kronkorken||Wert im Verhältnis zum Gewicht||Benötigte Fertigkeitsstufe||Benötigte Stärke|
|Van Graff Plasmagewehr||32||44.8||1.4||x2||32||30||1.1||0.2||24(12)||370||8||1300||162.5||0||3|
Die Waffe befindet sich im REPCONN-Hauptquartier Hauptflur, hinter der verschlossenen Metalltür im Erdgeschoss (100 Dietrich Fertigkeit um die Tür zu öffnen). Eine zweite Möglichkeit um ihn zu bekommen ist, wenn man in den ersten Stock geht und die verschlossene Tür zum Erdgeschoss mit der Fertigkeit Dietrich 75 öffnet. There is a wall terminal (100 Wissenschaft to hack) next to the door that can also be used.
- This weapon can also be obtained by going through all of the building's floors, finding alternate routes or keys to unlock the door.
- While advancing through the building's floors, mobile facial scanner robots will constantly ask for identification. Failing to provide valid identification within 30 seconds will cause them to alert sentry bots to the intrusion. The facial scanners can be destroyed stealthily or before the 30-second mark ends. This can also be prevented by having a keycard (which the facial scanners will recognize in the second floor), or by adding the Courier's face to the facial database in that particular floor.
- On the second floor, look for the hard locked door (requires 75 Lockpick) that leads to the main office floor. There will be a hole in the ground which can be dropped down into, leading to the room where the rifle is. To exit the room, either climb back up the rubble and back into the second floor or use the terminal near the door to open it.
- Additionally, it is possible to obtain the weapon by going to the third floor and searching the brief case found near the dead Brotherhood paladins' corpses; it contains a keycard which grants access to the room with the rifle.
- When viewed in first person, the plasma arcs in the ampoules on the side may not be visible, and often not in third person when at certain angles.
Hinter den Kulissen
The name is a reference to the fictitious "Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator" (sometimes "PU-36 Space Modulator" or "Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator"), a weapon that is always unsuccessfully deployed by the Warner Brothers' cartoon character Marvin the Martian in efforts to destroy planet Earth.
- xbox360 If picked up, the gun could cause problems when loading a game. When loading it, the console reads "cannot open file because there are some mods that cannot be held." There is no known fix. Vorlage:Bestätige
- ps3 The gun may be wedged in the wall, making it difficult to retrieve. Go up against the wall in third person, aim at the ground and grab the gun. Another option is to use C-4 to move the gun until it can be picked up. Vorlage:Bestätige
- pc ps3 xbox360 Often, the gun will not be found floating in the middle of the capsule as shown in the images below. It will be on the floor beside the container. Vorlage:Bestätige
- pc ps3 Sometimes the gun will appear stuck in the bottom of the container, making it difficult to get. Leaving the building then rentering may fix this. Vorlage:Bestätige
- ps3 If the weapon is dropped, it may become invisible, making it hard to find. The "Pick up" text will still be visible, however. Vorlage:Bestätige
- Q-35 Release Notes - REPCONN-Hauptquartier Terminaleinträge.  Referenzfehler: Ungültiges
<ref>-Tag. Der Name „release notes“ wurde mehrere Male mit einem unterschiedlichen Inhalt definiert.
- In-game description for the plasma rifle in Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. 
- Research Note - Plasma rifle, Fort Independence terminal entries. 
- Chris Taylor interview for Vault13.net. 
- Cover of Future Weapons Today. 
- Inter-office Correspondence #3458503 - REPCONN headquarters terminal entries. 
- From Arcade Gannon's dialogue files - "Plasma rifles. They were intended to replace the P94 plasma caster. There was some corporate espionage going on between Poseidon Energy's Project SEMELE and whatever was going on here."
- Encrypted Message - REPCONN headquarters terminal entries. 
- http://web.archive.org/web/20130209011941/formspring.me/JESawyer/q/307950953833698519 J.E. Sawyer auf Formspring]